Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Child Bride?

I was going through BBC News and I found this article about Nigeria's Senator marrying a minor. The girl, aged 13 year-year-old, is from Egypt. He had apparently paid a dowry of $100,000 (£66,000) to the girl's parents and brought her over to Nigeria. Whether or not the girl was accompany by her parents or guardian is not known. It is said that apparently the senator has also previously married a 15-year-old girl in 2006. (Link)

My Opinion: What is wrong with the people in this world nowadays? It is ridiculous that even the parents of the girl would allow such a thing to happen to their daughter. Don't they have any love for their daughter? She's only 13! Let the poor girl live her teenage life like any normal teenager. I'm sorry to say but I don't understand how this kind of people can be a so called 'leader'? Plus, don't their religion teach them anything?Think about the child's future. She has the right to her own life and who she wants to be with in future. Even as parents, I personally feel that they have no right to tell us or force us to be with a certain person. I'm sorry to say, the senator is an inconsiderate, horny, non-religious idiot. Whereas for the girl's parents, they have no love in their hearts for their daughter at all. Period.

ALVINA (DMC09)

No comments:

Post a Comment