Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BEE-LICIOUS!

You're craving for a good meal, dessert, some alcohol drinks, good music and at the same time you want to surf the web. Where do you go? Why, The Bee of course!

The Bee has a very "industrial" setting. Chalkboards for walls and the menu scribbled on them, light bulbs wrapped in thin metal wires, walls on the kitchen area are plain bricks and cement and the color theme is plain brown, gray and black, as dull as it may sound, it does not look dull at all. The whole color theme, industrial like setting and warm lighting keeps you cozy as the live acoustic performance serenade you while you enjoy your meal, drink and surf the web.

They have salads, burgers, sandwiches, wraps, pastas, hot dogs, pies, nachos, snacks, cakes and home made ice cream. Their food are a fusion of sorts, for example they have a Chicken Katsu Burger which is a fusion of western and Japanese. Also if you've been looking for Churros in Malaysia, this is I would say the only place who serves them.

The last time I was there, I had their Chocolate Oreo Cake, it looked so packed with chocolate that I had to have one, was I deceived by it's appearance? No, it lived to up to my expectations, probably better. At first bite you would assume that it's going to be "super sweet" but it's not. It has just the right amount of sweetness to my surprise, the texture, ah, as you sink your teeth pass the moist chocolate layer, a spongy texture awaits, pass that you bite into crunchy pieces of oreo, and finally back into spongy softness. It was like a layer of breath taking surprise, it was like passing by heaven over and over again.

How much was it? It's RM9.80, for the portion and taste? totally worth it.

Should I repeat myself where you should go if you crave good food, dessert, alcohol drinks, good music and web surfing at the same time? I think not.

Nothing "Beets" The Bee.

Rating: 9/10

* * * *


-Jared Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment