Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The one and only Room 2

The most memorable space in IACT College is none other than Room 2. It brings back a lot of memories especially for IAA 69 and DMC 08 students. Almost all the students from that class have different memories of that room. Perhaps the common memory would be the long flight of staircases. No elevator was provided back then and students had to climb all the way to the third floor. Beyond that, there are other memories for the students from that class.

It was 10 minutes before my first class begin that day. I looked into my college’s map and it gave me a big disappointment to know that it was located at the top floor. The staircase was narrow and I had to give way to the people who were walking from the other direction. Since I enrolled into IACT College alone, I never expected to meet familiar people. I was surprised at the moment I opened the door because I heard someone was calling my name. Joanne Lee Seok Chin is IAA69 students and also my classmate! I was not alone anymore!

The IAA69 and DMC08 students were getting along fine during their first class. All thanks to the lecturer-in-charge, Mr Tan who taught us Mass Communication subject. The classmates agreed Mr Tan is funny and outgoing person. He always provides us with cool Ah Beng jokes and examples in case we did not understand with his explanation. We have never seen such person as a lecturer before in our lives.

The other memorable memory from Room 2 was related to Soon Jun and Alex. It was pretty funny yet sad to see Soon Jun’s laptop fell because of Alex. Alex was passing by and he tripped on Soon Jun’s adapter. Ended up, the laptop imbalanced and it fell to the ground. Everyone was laughing at first and pitied his laptop next.

Effective on 2009, IACT College moved to Jaya One. It is nice to use elevator instead of staircases now. Still, I miss Room 2 from the old IACT College. Can we go back there now?

-Min Kim/Otata-

No comments:

Post a Comment