Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Shitting Sanctuary

These four walls which confines a plant in a pot, a pipe, a sink, an air freshener, sometimes a newspaper or magazine, and most importantly, a what used to be white toilet bowl which then turned beige. This special space was located near the old IACT’s library. It was one of its kind- no other space of the same genre could beat this one, that I am very very sure of.

It was there when I was down- down with some pain and something desperately wanted to go down that beige contraption which used to be white in color. It consumed my sweat, tears, and the different hues of bodily fluids. As I sat there on my beige coloured throne, the sound of cars passing by came through the window, and if I was lucky, some cooling wind will blow in to ease the pain, to assist the battle. My ally, the lemon scented air freshener fights off the evil aura which the brown, sometimes dark brown and sometimes black creature emanates. A magazine or newspaper would somehow be there.It is like a bonus power in a video game. With it you know you can overcome any enemy that comes along, but like most bonuses it has a time limit.

I miss this special space. This special space with more space compared to many other space of the same genre. So spacious, so airy, and so “nose comforting”. I miss the knocks on the door, knowing that there are other individuals who needed this space to fight their impending battles, I miss it because I knew I had the ability to stall their battles while I sat back and enjoy mine. I miss the times when we fought together, the number of battles that we won, and the running of water against the lower parts after each successful fight.

Yes I miss it, compared to the new small narrow spaces of that genre in this new campus, I miss it, my one and only shitting sanctuary.

-Jared Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment