Thursday, March 18, 2010

Being deaf for a day

Have you ever think of being deaf for a day? I always wish to be deaf when people around me gossiping about others but after a try of it, being deaf are not that good after all. I can’t really hear what people say around me. I saw people in front of us pointing at us and saying something but I don’t know what they say. At that moment I feel very frustrated. Another challenge is being deaf and yet guiding a blind friend. At that moment all I think about is ignoring what other people say and guide your blind friend as she put all the trust on me. There’s once when me n Debra my blind partner sitting down on the stairs and people coming down from the stairs but I didn’t notice about that. Debra did try to tell me about the sound of steps but I can’t hear what she says. When Debra want to know about the time, she pat on my shoulders and showing me simple signs which makes me understand what she was trying to ask me. Hearing what people around you talking bad isn’t the worse thing. Losing the ability to hear is the worse thing.


Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment